Etsy Searchton from EtsyGadget
Every time nimble sellers find new ways of promote their shops on Etsy. We already know well Favathons, Clickathons and Treasury games as well as Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram social games, but recently appeared new kind of games usually called simply "SEARCH games" but I call them "Searchtons" :) The rules are quite simple - you need to publish a link to very specyfic search, where the listing you wish to promote is the only one in the results or at least is on the first place. Then other players click on your link and after that, click on your listing in the results of search and then, inside of your listing they refaving your shop and listing. You need to do the same with all links of others users.
Here you have few links to teams which play SEARCH games:
Search games on TenX
Search games on European Street Team (EST)
Search games on Daily Trends
Search games on TRENDINGSHOPS
Search games on Shop Favorites & Followers
if you know more teams that play search games - write in comments, I'll add them here
Thanks to these simple but time consuming actions every listing receives:
- views from search
- click from search
- listing's view
- listing's new like
- shop's new like
As experience shows, all this actions during the game increase the rating of the listing making it get higher positions in trends (some people say that it also improves positions in search results) and so, better visibility and chanses to be sold.
Shortly speaking, all this sound well but the job needs to be done and playing Searchtons is very boring and time consuming exercise. In my opinion it is even worse then Clickathon with Favathon together. So as it is so hard I decided to try making it as easy as possible... and this is how I present you "Etsy Searchton" - new extension for Google Chrome browser. What it does? Well, in one word - "Searchton"... Longer description is:
- When you install the extension, new button "Start SEARCHTON" appears when you are inside team's threads
- When you click this button, the searchton game is started
- When searchton is started "Stop SEARCHTON" appears with which you will be able to stop playing whenever you wish
- Extension opens all links to search results published on the active page of the thread in new tabs at the same time
- Then in each tabs it opens the listing of the shop which published the link. If no listings of this shop found - it opens first listing in search results. If due to some filters no listings appear, it starts disabling filters one by one until some listings found. If even so no listings found (for example the promoted listing was sold out), the process for this tab will stop and this tab will stay opened until the end letting you possibility to see it yourself and to report broken link to the team's captain.
- If the listing was opened - it is refaved(unfavorited if it was reviously favorited and then favorited) automatically and it's shop is also refaved
- After refaving the tab is closed
- When all tabs are closed or broken links detected, the main tab of searchton goes to the next page of the thread and continues playing until the last page
- If you have also installed Hearts Counter, and you reached the 300 hearts limit before finishing the Searchton, the extension will pause until you have more hearts and will continue automatically after that.
Resuming - it will do ALL THAT BORING STUFF FOR YOU!
About new major version Searchton 2.0
Big news from #EtsyGadget !!! The newest major version of #Searchton 2.0 is released!
But before I start to explain what news were introduced I'd like to tell a bit of "why?".
During last few months I have received many suggestions and requests of additional functionality for Searchton extension for #chrome. Also as after recent changes on Etsy, it is more and more difficult to get promoted, so many new search-related games appeared and Searchton started to be a bit short to satisfy requirements of many of these games. So I decided (and luckily had some time to spend) that it is a good moment to make all those ideas true. So now, what's new in Searchton 2.0:
- searching in categories. Now it understands links to categories and not only to search results.
- pagination in search results support. So now you may publish a link to the search of "gift" (if the rules of the thread does not forbid it) and Searchton will find your listing even if it is placed on the 250th page (this amount may be easily limited in the settings of the extension). So now you may promote your listings using short one- or two-words search phrases.
- "Max tabs opened". Many computers had difficulties to open so many tabs at the same time, so I added a configuration to be able to limit the maximum number of active tabs at the same time. For example you can set it to open all links of the thread one by one - so each next link will be opened only when the previous one is closed. Generally you may configure it to open from 1 to 20 tabs a the same time
- filter removing fixed. Since some time, filters are removed all at once if there were no listings found on the first page. Now they will be remove one by one - if after removing one filter, there were no listings found (looking on all pages), next filter will be removed... and so on until no filters left.
- also by many complains and requests I removed the "feature" to click on the "random" first listing found in search if there were no listings found of the user that published the link.
- it was improved the way the extension would treat the 300 hearts per hour limit, so less hearts would be wasted at any moment.
- now it may even treat with many links to the same listing in the same post in thread (just don't forget to put the limit of 1 active tab at once, as in opposite case, Etsy goes crazy faving-unfaving the same listing simultaneously in different tabs :p )
Finally, we have tested the new functionality a lot and after fixing some issues it looks like it works perfectly in any circumstances, but as the extension changed a lot (and to say truth, even its core was almost completely reworked), please be patient if you find some bugs and write me about them with as many details as possible. I'll try to fix it as soon as I can.
Hope Searchton 2.0 will be even more useful for you, so you'll be able to play more games using it.... maybe you'll invent even more NEW KINDS of games!
P.S.: Also, as the new design of listings were introduced, the extension was adapted to work with both, old and new, designs.
Best wishes and successful promotions!
Anyway, it is always better to see once than hear a hundred times... watch the video: